Wednesday, June 3, 2009

RIP Handy Manny




Ever since my sister moved in with me, we've been compared to famous duos. Batman and Robin, Peanut butter and Jelly, Shrimp and Slushies. At one time we wanted Mandi's friend to move in with us so I could be John Ritter in our own version of Three's Company. Maybe I could be Scott Baio in Charles in Charge. One of my sister's students said she looked like Handy Manny so I guess that makes me Dora the Explorer which is weird on every level. I even though to doing my own Charlie's Angels but I couldn't decide if I wanted to be Charlie or Bosley so I scraped the idea. But the most fitting comparison was that of Matthew and Marilla from Anne Of Green Gables with me being Marilla because my sister is far kinder and would buy fantastic ball gowns for little orphans. We had plans to adopt a little red head and name him or her Butters and live our lives until one of us died. Well that dream has been dashed. My sister left the 509 eating her dust today. She moved back to the land of milk and honey to regroup before becoming a cosmonaut and living on the space station. I'm going to miss her because she is the only person I know that can sit through an entire TV show without punching me in the face for my extraordinarily detailed comments. I think it is because she is more advanced than most people and can appreciate and understand the finer points that I contribute to television broadcasts in the form of commentary and sweet dance moves. So let this be a lesson to all of you. If you think you have what it takes to become part of a truly iconic partnership, be prepared to have it fall out from underneath you faster than Britain's Got Talent contestant, Susan Boyle's rise to fame.

Plus she was a mad chef and never tried to sneak vegetables in my food like my sly mother.

1 comments:

Mandi Lynne said...

I miss you Terrance.