Saturday, November 21, 2009

Worst Decision Of My Life


So I woke up this morning to endless possiblities. A Saturday off with nothing pressing to do. I hadn't been to Costco in a long time since the closest one is an hour away. Being the bachelor that I am, I only had one scoop of laundry soap left and was down to the last roll of toilet paper. So I decided to venture out. I chose to go west because that Costco is close to a ski shop and I needed some ski wax. I told a friend of mine that I was going and she advised me heavily against it. I guess its been so long since I've been to Costco, I've forgotten about what a zoo sample day is. I could barely find a shopping cart let alone a parking space. I finally got inside and of course I got "that" cart. Stupid wheel had so much hair and nasty jammed in it, it would jam up and I'm left bulldozing a squeeker around the bagels. I almost got into fistacuffs with a "rural" gentleman over a block of delicious Tilamook pepper jack cheese. Plus this Costco did the soap in the opposite corner of the store so I have to shove my way through traffic with a loaded cart that won't roll on all four wheels just to get some Cascade and Tide. Then I decide to use the self checkout lines to save time. Everything is going great until go to pay and realize that they don't take VISA. What's that all about? They'll take American Express but not VISA. Really? Fortunately they accepted my debit card and after twenty minutes of trying to worm my way through a bunch of obese middle-aged men and their slices of pizza, I made my way to freedom. Exhausting. Plus everybody kept giving me the stink eye because I was passing them in the aisles like I was in the Indy 500. I guess some people just like to relish the atmosphere that only a bargain club warehouse can provide. The day was saved by a trip to Wendy's and a no. 6 combo with a Dr. Pepper.

4 comments:

Mandi Lynne said...

I believe circus peanuts in bulk would have definetly made the trip worth it.

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

I'll bet you listen to your friend next time.

maryjohin said...


ugg boots outlet is Developing a Promotion of

Sales, Cheap Ugg Boots Can Be Seen Here and There. louis vuitton bags are no matter

famous in UK but also lead the market of handbags sale over the world. Louis Vuitton UK is such

a classic and luxury brand that suffers the forever pursuit of the nobleman. The designs and

colors of the Louis Vuitton purses are suit for people with different age and gender. And the

high quality makes Louis Vuitton handbags gain more compliment from its customers.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing nice information with us. I would like to suggest to my friends to go through once. Nice post.
Beard Patches