Monday, March 15, 2010

Just Another Self Esteem Boost


Well I guess it wasn't meant to be. I lost in the first round of the brawl. Honestly I'm really glad I didn't win because I don't think I could write a blog a week all year long. I really didn't have much of a chance. How am I supposed to compete with a girl writing about dresses? I do think it's a sad commentary on the mormon culture. They relate more to a 20 year old buying bridesmaid dresses than at 27 year old writing about the complexities and intricacies of life. I think that is one of the reasons why its so hard being older and single. People still place a stigma next to you wondering why you didn't buy bridesmaid dresses ten years ago. But that is just one of the joys of being a menace to society. Thanks for all the support but apparently most of you haven't been paying your tithing otherwise I think it may have come out differently.

On a side note this is a reason why I would never have won anyway:
Is it just me or does anybody else have an issue with the Osmonds? I have a real hard time dealing with the fact that Pres. Monson spoke at the funeral of Marie Osmond's son. He had been in and out of rehab and committed suicide in LA. I realize everybody deserves the benefit of the doubt but the fact that the Prophet spoke at a funeral of somebody that really had nothing to do with the church other than being part of a famous family gives the impression that you can lead whatever life you want and as long as you have connections, your life will be celebrated as an example of righteous living. I understand that I'm a cynic and generally a bad person so I'm probably on an island with this one but writing on a blog is cheaper that hiring a therapist.

8 comments:

The Ostheds said...

Your article was SO much better than the silly bridesmaid dress one! She probably was handing out flyers to her BYU ward campaigning to vote for her! I still think you are pretty awesome!

Kaden and Mindi said...

Ditto on the Osmonds!

Monica said...

Ditto and ditto to everyone's comments.

Wurtz Gang said...

Clinton, I totally voted for you! I loved the fact that Brittany devoted an entire post to your cause. (you should feel amazing, she has yet to do that for me)

Scott said...

Dang, I came in too late. Everyone else agreed first.

I bet the girl set up a Facebook group and everything to get votes. That was probably her good news minute.

And I kinda felt the same way about the Osmond funeral.

But don't worry about the contest. I won't unsubscribe from your blog.

Angie said...

bridesmaid dresses! you lost to frickin bridesmaid dresses!

I say we find that girl and pelt her with water balloons.

I know I'd feel better.

BradandSally said...

It was cool to read your blog on Mormon TIme. Marisa clued me into it. Sorry about the loss, but I voted for you. Hope to see ya at the reunion.

Iowaspuds said...

We voted for clintniferous. Some people just don't appreciate cynical sarcastic humor, and relate better to goofy wedding humor. You're still probably a good enough guy despite losing in the first round and the likely fact that a G.A. won't speak at your funeral...