Thursday, January 15, 2009

What Would I Be?


I've been down in Tucson the last couple of days trying to deal with this horrible 84 degree weather. We got done early today with our meetings so we decided to go to the Pima Air and Space Museum. I've been to it a couple of times on my mission but it is always amazing to see history. This time I was particularly interested in different nose and tail art on the planes. I found this artwork on a "Liberator" that was used during the initial invasion of Normandy by the 446th. The original name was the Red Ass but they had to change it to the Bungay Buckaroo in order to be more family friendly in the newspapers. This reminded me about something that occurs daily in my life. I am frequently stopped on the street by random strangers and asked, "Clinton, if you were a bomber pilot, what would you name your plane?" My first reaction is to ask how does this complete stranger know my name? I then smile and respond, "That's simple. I would name it after the pilot:The Gorgeous Mormon"

1 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

You know you're missing the fog. Admit it.