Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Alumni Pride


I work with a guy who is a huge Washington Huskies fan. I gave him so much grief when BYU landed the top quarterback in the country over UW. He is always hassling me asking me what Rexburg was like because he knows it drives me crazy when people who went to BYU Idaho try to pass it off as if they went to the Real BYU. Now if you're the kind of person that is easily offended or takes it personally when somebody disses your school, especially BYU-I, you should stop reading now and go toast an English muffin.
Recently an anonymous cohort of mine and I were making a list of why people go to BYU-I. We came up with some real gems. I'm going to keep this person anonymous so if you are offended you can blame me but if you like it you can credit my co-author. Here is what we came up with:

BYU-I
Because Provo wouldn't let you in.
BYU-I
Because the community college doesn't have a Family/Human Development major
BYU-I
Because cosmetology school was full
BYU-I
Because Californian parents think it's a Mormon reform school
BYU-I
Because you need something to fill the time between Xango juice sales conventions
BYU-I
Because birds with big hair flock together
BYU-I
Because the Prophet says even the academically challenged need to get married
BYU-I
Because high school doesn't have a 13th grade


Here are a few that don't pertain to BYU-I:

Door-to-door summer sales
Because you couldn't return the engagement ring
The JSB auditorium
Because day care isn't free
Utah State
Because rebel Mormons aren't that rebellious
BYU Democrats
Because your dad wouldn't pay your tuition

And finally:

BYU
Because the mission president wouldn't let you extend any longer.
BYU
Because you think people are dying to hear about you being a Zone Leader
BYU
Because no other place has married housing called "The Rabbit Hutch"
BYU
Because 1984 will always be relevant
BYU
Because there is no downside to dating your home teacher
BYU
Because braided belts and socks with Birkenstocks will never go out of style

Remember I'm an equal opportunity offender

1 comments:

Kaden and Mindi said...

pround to be an aggie!